Job Description Apply: Test Manager
Opportunity to join NGA UK as we embark on a period of exciting change and investment in the UK. This role is for an experienced Test Manager ( Payroll Systems ) with client facing experience and ideally knowledge of Implementation / Transition Projects.
· To develop and deliver testing services in a professional and competent standard, enabling customers to achieve their objectives.
· Planning and managing all aspects of Testing for client Projects including all or some of the following:-
Static Testing, System Testing, Migration Testing, System Integration Testing, Acceptance Testing, Implementation Testing and Parallel Run (Service Rehearsal) Testing.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Producing the Test Strategy to cover all aspects of Testing across the Project.
· Preparing, reviewing and agreeing with the client detailed Test Plans and ensuring adherence of Test Plans with the Test Strategy.
· Preparing, reviewing and agreeing Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test Cases.
· Managing the preparation of Test Data to facilitate the testing process.
· Reviewing the scope of testing to ensure there is sufficient coverage to meet the testing objectives.
· Specifying and obtaining agreement from the client of the acceptance criteria for each testing phase and for scheduling sign off meetings;
· Managing the provision of appropriate resources and infrastructure for each phase of testing to ensure all pre-requisites are in place for each phase of testing.
· Managing and coordinating all testing activities so that they are undertaken in accordance with the relevant Test Plans;
· Managing Test Consultants and the Global Testing Services Consultants involved in executing testing activities.
· Liaise with the client Test Manager to develop a “One Team” approach to testing and to ensure that the client delivers all testing activities in accordance with the relevant Test Plan;
· Managing the scheduling, preparation for and delivery of all test meetings and test reports to inform project stakeholders of testing progress;
· Managing and coordinating the Defect Management process;
· Managing Quality Gate Test Reviews to obtain the appropriate sign off for each phase of testing;
· Act as the Senior Point of Contact (SPOC) for all members of the NGA Test Team and be the main escalation point for any issues affecting the testing phases;
· Provide best practice expertise and advice to the NGA Project Manager and key stakeholders;
· Escalation to the Project Manager of all risks and issues that may affect the delivery of Testing in accordance with the Test Plan.
· Assist in the development of testing processes, procedures
· Maintains a good knowledge of the use and applications of NGA products related 3rd party products and associated technology.
· Maintains a knowledge and understanding of the latest testing techniques and technologies and evaluate their usefulness.
Qualifications and Skills
· 2 years’ experience in client facing testing environment.
· Experience of working on Implementation/Transition projects
· Experience as a Test Manager & managing a team of Testers.
· Excellent presentation skills both written and oral
· Related application knowledge in relation to NGA products used.
· Experience working in Payroll Industry
· Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of IT systems commensurate with the role,
· Conversant with Microsoft Office products
· Must be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Payroll and/or HR
· Knowledge of internal NGA processes both operationally and from a management perspective.
· Ability to travel and willingness to stay away from home when required.
· Focused, reliable, driven and can work on own initiative.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Good planning and organisational skills