Senior Payroll Administrator
Job Description Apply: Senior Payroll Administrator
NGA UK & Ireland is a market-leading, Human Resources services provider offering innovative HR business solutions through HR Technology, HR Outsourcing, and HR Consulting. We provide outsourced Payroll and HR Administration services to over 3500 business clients in the UK & I servicing approximately 900k employees.
NGA UKI offers you a unique chance to build a career in a vibrant, agile and growing organisation, with a wide range of opportunities. At NGA UKI, we’re dedicated to our clients, and we operate as a single team striving for excellence and innovation in everything we do.
The Senior Payroll Administrator is a Subject Matter Expert whose mission is to provide expert assistance in outsourced services. Duties include managing escalated requests and inquiries requiring a significant level of subject matter expertise in an efficient and effective way, in line with the statement of services and the agreed service levels.
Administer and Implement Payroll
- Maintains a working knowledge of current statutory and legislative compliance, keeping abreast of all changes through publications, websites and seminars
- Ensures data is received in the right format and in time to complete payrolls to agreed deadlines
- Ensures all Payroll Processes and Procedures are documented and updated regularly
- Handles complex payroll queries escalated from the client
- Prioritises and actions daily tasks to be accomplished to meet SLA.
- Completes and owns payroll processing cycle for allocated customers
- Calculates, prepares and transmits manual payments and third party disbursements.
- Liaises with other areas of the business to meet and enhance payroll delivery.
- Provides statistics for chargeable work to enable effective invoicing.
- Provides and maintains regular data/statistics/reports to provide to the Payroll Team Leader.
- Controls the reconciliation processes for own customer’s third party accounts to ensure completion in line with SLA requirements and statutory legislation.
- Receives and records customer enquiries and provides enhanced information in response to customer requests. Escalates to Line Manager where appropriate.
- Actions any changes to customer specific Terms and Conditions to ensure accurate payments are made.
- Ensures company confidentiality at all times and manages data under security policies
- Records customer issues and complaints to instigate corrective action.
- Basic numeracy skills
- Experience of customer handling skills (by telephone, face to face and written contact)
- Sound Payroll knowledge and experience
- Quality Audit
- Proven work record in Payroll Services
- CIPP qualified or equivalent, or working towards this qualification
- Experience in an Outsourcing environment