Payroll Senior Manager
Senior Payroll Manager – Burberry Business Services
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
ABOUT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
Burberry is opening a brand new Shared Service Centre - Burberry Business Services, based in Leeds at their stunning new premises in the heart of the City Centre. This Centre of Excellence will be an extension of their Head Office in London and house core functions; HR, Finance, Procurement, Customer Services and I.T. helpdesk.
Burberry is looking to recruit an Senior Payroll Manager To ensure the strategic and contractual obligations relating to Payroll are met for the Enterprise.
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a key role in the inaugural senior leadership team.
- Lead Service Delivery for payroll services
- Participate in periodical client calls/ meetings, understand the operational issues and ensures timely resolution of issues
- Systematically improve the service delivery through continuous process improvements
- Design and implement the procedures and principles for how the team will operate on a daily basis
- Providing process specific sign-off or approval where needed for payroll activities for example: Payroll file approval, audit approvals
- Participate and ensure that audit requirement as per agreed compliance standards are met
- Accountable for managing Payroll vendors
- Work with Third Party vendors to ensure they deliver the correct payroll output
- Ensure controls are in place by the team for checking, processing payroll and sending payroll file to & from vendor/in-house payroll provider
- Accountable for ongoing management of effective client service relationship within own area of responsibility, by acting as focal point of contact with senior stakeholders
- Accountable for managing Risk and Compliance Matrix, any actions relating to that
- Accountable for audits and overall payroll controls and compliance
- Manage teams of 10-20 people for simple and complex processes
- Roles in this level may manage, motivate and develop a team of professionals/ operational team in order to provide services contributing to the delivery of business objectives
- Provide constructive feedback to team members and conduct performance reviews
- Apply understanding of payroll processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
- Work closely with the payroll specialists/ administrators/process owners and Payroll Manager and Advisors (equivalent) to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives per the roadmap defined by the management team and ensure initiatives meet agreed outputs and address customer feedback / improve customer satisfaction
- Payroll process expertise with 10+ years’ experience within an FTSE 250 company
- Depth of experience in working with Third party vendors and various payroll systems
- Understanding of global statutory and compliance environment
- Experience in managing large and complex teams
- BBS experience preferred
- Payroll certification, or equivalent experience level
- Degree educated
- Strong analytical skills
OPPORTUNITIES AT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
If you do not wish to apply for a specific role but would like to register your interest please click on the following link: https://rsbb.avature.net/talentcommunity
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.