Job Description Apply: Payroll Manager
6 months contact
Based in Warwick
To manage the Payroll and Reward Team within HR Services to ensure the effective and timely provision of payroll processing services.
- Workload planning: Ensure all work in the team is effectively planned and executed ensuing optimum use of resources and timely delivery to internal and external customers
- Non-Standard Workload: Provide for effective planning and execution of non-standard activities ie Directors Emoluments, Sharesave launches, HRSP, so that these can be effectively accommodated alongside normal activities and ensure such additional workload in executed in a timely manner without prejudicing or compromising to other work.
- SOX and Business Controls: Ensure all key SOX and business controls operate in accordance with documented process. Review regularly liaising with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance and external regulatory and audit compliance.
- Process Improvement and Optimisation: Regularly review operating processes in the team and drive process improvements in the Payroll and Reward activities to realise quantifiable benefits.
- Issue escalation: Ensure appropriate escalation of issues where necessary to facilitate timely resolution.
- Metrics and KPIs: Design, put in place and monitor appropriate metrics to ensure effective performance and continuous improvement in the work of the team.
- Management Support: Provide general support to the Head of HR Services in the fulfilment of their management duties and contribute to the overall optimisation of service provision by Shared Services HR.
- Compliance: Ensure legislative compliance throughout all payroll activities irrespective of where the process is delivered.
- Performance Management: Review team performance against business objectives, SLA's and KPI's to ensure effective service delivery.
- Team Management: Manage the Payroll and Rewards Team to ensure clarity of accountability and that the team is appropriately resourced, skilled and motivated to optimise its contribution to the HR Services function.
- Workload planning: Ensure all work in the team is effectively planned and executed to optimise use of resources and timely delivery to internal and external customers
- Internal Relationships: Manage relationships with key stakeholders in relation to payroll and reward activities to facilitate effective working.
- External Relationships: Manage relationships with applicable third parties to facilitate and efficient and quality driven service by managing against contractual kpi's .
Critical Success Factors
- Development of a Payroll and Reward strategy aligned to business strategy
- Development of a workforce that is responsive to change
- Development of a flexible workforce capable of meeting business needs
- Development of a high performance culture
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Know How
- Knowledge of payroll and accounting processes
- Knowledge of legislation relating to UK payroll
- Team Leadership and vision
- Financial acumen
- Relevant SAP knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of T&Cs and HR Policies
- Contract Management
- Commercial Awareness
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to and manage change
- Ability to set and manage customer expectations
- Ability to manage outsourced providers (desirable)
- Ability to think and operate at both a tactical and a strategic levels
- Strong networking and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrable passion and commitment to excellence in continuous improvement and quality
- Strong results orientation
- Ability to problem solve
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)
- Chartered Institute.